By Julie Nash
Each year, the Faculty Honors Committee recommends outstanding faculty for achievements in teaching and mentoring. The committee plays an integral role in reviewing award nominations and selecting finalists for these Faculty Honors. We are seeking a few faculty volunteers from diverse ranks and disciplines to serve on this year’s Faculty Honors Committee.
Expectations of Committee Members include:
- Review nominations for 1-2 awards.
- Meet with other reviewers at least once to review and select a recommendation for the award recipient(s).
- After award nominations close, reviewers will receive further instructions regarding the award selection process. Reviewers will work in 1 small group to select the recipient(s) for their assigned award. Reviewers may select a time to meet based on personal availability. If the group deems that no nomination is outstanding in any category, then no award will be given in that category.
Committee Members will be reviewing the following awards:
- Award for Excellence in Undergrad Teaching
- Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching
- Award for Excellence in Online Teaching
- Award for Excellence in Teaching by an Adjunct Faculty member
- New: Award for Excellence in Mentoring RHSA Students
- New: Award for Excellence in Mentoring Honors Students
- New: Award for Faculty Excellence in promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Timeline for Selection Committee:
- Award nominations will be collected between Feb. 1- March 1
- Review period is scheduled between March 1- April 3