Interested students may apply for the Ph.D. program in Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology to any ONE of the four participating UMass campuses, depending upon their research interests. Please be aware that Worcester is not currently accepting applications as a home campus. Please review the database of faculty research to identify potential dissertation topics. Upon degree completion, all campuses will be listed on the student’s diploma.
Students holding bachelor’s degrees (or a U.S. equivalent from a foreign institution) and master’s degree recipients with strong quantitative skills in the majors listed above may apply.
Applicants should have an overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher. Applicants must also have completed courses in calculus. Successful applicants will normally have had undergraduate coursework in statistics/experimental design and in life science/biomedical science.
Campus Graduate Admissions Offices
Graduate Admissions, 100 Morrisey Blvd, Boston, MA 02125-3393
Tel: 617-287-6400 | Fax: 617-287-6236 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Graduate Studies, 285 Old Westport Road, N. Dartmouth, MA 02747
Tel: 508-999-8604 | Fax: 508-999-8183 | Email: email@example.com
Graduate Admissions, Dugan Hall, 883 Broadway Street, Lowell, MA 01854
Tel: 978-934-2380 | Fax: 978-934-3010 | Email: Graduate_Admissions@uml.edu
The application package must include
- Official test score from the Graduate Record General Examination
- Official test score of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (for international applicants and native speakers of languages other than English)
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement indicating why the individual is applying to the program, and his or her research interests and career plans
Early applications are encouraged and an interest in the need for financial aid (Teaching/Research Assistantships) should be indicate