Since the Fall 2018, UMass Lowell offers the Legacy Scholarship to children and/or grandchildren of UMass Lowell graduates who live out of state. UMass Lowell offers this opportunity because we believe it is important to celebrate the past accomplishments to build the future for the next generation of RiverHawks!
- Children and grandchildren of UMass Lowell graduates
- Student must be classified as out-of-state, international, regional, or proximity
- Incoming freshmen and transfer at time of admission
- Scholarship offers annual award of up to $10,000 and is renewable for 8 semesters
- Maintain good academic standing
- Full-time enrollment status
- Continuous enrollment
- Maximum of 8 consecutive semesters
- Student will download the scholarship application and email to: The Solution Center
- The Financial Aid Office will review applications, verify alumni status with the Registrar’s Office, and offer the award. Please note, scholarship cannot be combined with other out-of-state university merit awards, student will receive the award with the higher dollar value
- Deadline: Applications for incoming freshmen must be received by March 1. Applications for incoming transfers students must be received by June 1.
For more information please email: TheSolutionCenter@uml.edu or Scholarships@uml.edu.