The Rosalind A. Matthews Scholarship Endowment Fund was established in 1988 to honor the late Rosalind A. Matthews, a former Trustee of the University of Massachusetts (UMass). The fund provides an annual $1000. scholarship award for up to four years with the purpose of encouraging disadvantaged students to pursue an education that leads to a career in business.
Rosalind A. Matthews was appointed to the UMass Board of Trustees in 1985. Her career included many distinction in the corporate sector and in public service. She was dedicated to youth and education and was the recipient of the Exceptional Service Award from former President Jimmy Carter.
- Be an admitted Freshman or Transfer student to the one of the following undergraduate campuses: Amherst, Boston, Dartmouth or Lowell.
- Be Enrolled Full-time in the School of Management.
- Be a Resident of Massachusetts.
- Have an overall GPA of 3.25 (for renewal consideration)
- Submit a 500 word essay, describing your career aspiration in the field of business.
Rosalind A. Matthews Presidential Scholarship Application (pdf)
Deadline is May 2, 2016!