Updated Application Deadline: March 12, 2018
The Pulichino/Tong Family Foundation awards are for $5,000 ($2,500 per semester which will be applied directly to the student’s financial account) and may be continued until graduation on a semester basis, conditional upon satisfactory performance and continued financial aid eligibility. The maximum length of the award is six semesters.
Eligibility (check to see if you qualify):
- Are you an undergraduate student enrolled in the Manning School of Business?
- Will you have completed at least 24 or more credits (sophomore, junior or senior status) towards an undergraduate degree as of Sept. 2018?
- During the upcoming award year (2018-2019), will you be taking a minimum of four courses or 12 credit hours each semester?
- Do you have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 from UMass Lowell courses?
- Can you show evidence of financial need?* (Please attach a print-out of your SiS financial aid page.)
If you can answer “yes” to all of these questions, you may be eligible for a Pulichino/Tong Family Foundation Scholarship. Fill out the application below and mail the application back to apply. Applications, including the mandatory essay, must be completed and returned by Monday, March 12, 2018.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view any pdf files. It can be download for free from the Adobe website.
Please send the application to:
Attention: Kathleen Madaus
Office of University Advancement
Wannalancit Business Center
600 Suffolk Street, Suite 160
Lowell, MA 01854
Finalists will be selected by a committee and may be invited to meet with representatives of the Pulichino/Tong Family Foundation this spring. Announcement of Pulichino/Tong Family Foundation recipients will be made as soon as possible after that. The scholarship will take effect for the first semester of the next academic year (September 2018).
*To be eligible for the Pulichino/Tong Family Foundation Need-Based Scholarship program, your FAFSA must show that you meet the following criteria:
- Your expected family contribution must be less than $5,000, and
- Commuting students must show a financial need greater than $10,000, or
- On-campus students (including those living adjacent to campus) must show a financial need greater than $15,000.
All applicants are required to file their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 1 of each year.