The Fund will honor the late Myra Hiatt Kraft (Dec. 27, 1942 - July 20, 2011) by providing financial support to deserving UMass undergraduate students who are actively involved in community service. Myra was known for her leadership, passion and dedication to public service. She served on the UMass Board of Trustees from 1994-1998, during which time she co-chaired the first UMass Presidential Honors Gala. She managed the Robert & Myra Kraft Family Foundation and was president of the New England Patriots Charitable Foundation, which contributed millions to charities. Myra also served on numerous organizations and was an inspiration to others to do the same.
The Fund was formally established in 2013 with a generous donation form Robert K. Kraft, with the collaboration and financial support of the New England Patriots Organization and the proceeds from the UMass System U2 Concert held at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts in September 2009.
- Be a matriculated junior for the fall semester.
- Be a volunteer for at least two (2) hours per week at a charitable organization.
- Be a resident of Massachusetts.
- Open to any and all majors (including CE)
- Submit a resume
- Submit a 500 word essay, Explaining current community service involvement, and what your involvement means to you.
The scholarship is a one year scholarship that is NOT renewable. The individual scholarship award is $2,000. Each undergraduate campus will have one scholarship recipient per year.
Myra Kraft Community Leadership Scholarship Application (pdf)
Deadline is May 3, 2016!