The Online Housing Gateway gives you the ability to pull a roommate into your room or suite for the following academic year. In order to be eligible for Roommate Pull-In, you must have already retained your room. Also, your roommate must be a returning resident that has submitted their Housing Contract & Terms of Agreement and $200 deposit online before March 31, 2014. Please refer to the Room Selection Packet for the dates you can use this function.
IMPORTANT NOTE: By releasing your Screen Name and Student ID to another student, you are allowing them to book your room and meal plan for next year. Because of this, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you are present at the time of the pull-in process.
Before you begin, ensure that you have the Screen Name and Student ID number of the roommate you want to pull-in. The Screen Name is a 4- or 5-digit number that can be found at the top-right of the screen of APPLICATION STATUS found in the APPLICATION folder on the left side of the window.
1. Click ROOMMATE PULL IN found in the SELF ASSIGNMENT folder on the left side of the window.
Note: If you are a returning resident and do not see this option, please contact the Office of Residence Life immediately.
2. If you have retained your spring room already and your prospective roommate has submitted their contract on time, paid their deposit, and does not already have a room for the next academic year, you will be presented with the WELCOME PAGE of Roommate Pull-In.
Note 1: The list on the left is not interactive and cannot be clicked on. It shows you your progress as you continue through the retention process.
Note 2: The moment you get to this screen you have five minutes to complete the retention process. If you exceed this time you will have to start over.
3. Click CONTINUE at the bottom of the screen to move to the next step.
4. You will be presented with the ROOM LOCK PAGE. Note the time remaining clock and confirm that the CURRENT BEDSPACE is the room that you have already retained.
5. From the drop-down menu, select any available bed spaces that are listed.
6. Enter the LOGIN ID and PASSWORD for your roommate. The LOGIN ID is their SCREEN NAME (found on the top-right of the APPLICATION STATUSscreen in the APPLICATION folder) and the password is their Student ID (just the number, no "UMS").
Note: Both of these fields are your roommate's information, not your own.
7. Press TAB on your keyboard; you should be presented with the roommate's first and last name.
Note: If you do not see their name, you cannot proceed. Ensure that the roommate's credentials are correct (all login IDs are 4 or 5 digits and all passwords are 8 digits). You will be given an error message above the bed space drop-down menu describing any issues that need to be corrected.
8. Click PULL-IN ROOMMATE once a bed space is selected and a name is present.
9. You will be presented with the CONFIRM ROOM PAGE. Carefully review the room selection you have made, as this will be the only opportunity to decline the roommate.
10. Click QUIT if you do not want to pull-in the roommate, otherwise click CONTINUE.
11. You will be presented with the SELECT PLAN PAGE. Choose one of the six meal-plan choices by clicking the appropriate box under the NOMINATE column.
Note: Only four (4) plans are shown at a time - use the scroll bar to see the remaining plans.
12. Click CONTINUE once you have made your roommate's plan choice - you cannot continue until you select one.
13. You will be presented with the CONFIRM PLAN PAGE. You will not be able to change your roommate's plan once you pass this step, so ensure that it is the correct one and you have not selected multiple.
14. Once you are satisfied with your selection, click CONFIRM. If you need to make an adjustment, click BACK TO PREVIOUS.
Note: Ensure that you have not selected more than one plan - there should be one for each term, however. If you see more than two (2) listings you have selected too many.
15. You will finally be presented with the RECEIPT PAGE. You may want to print this page for your records, but you and your roommate will receive an e-mail confirmation to your student accounts. Another e-mail and letter will be sent by the end of the semester with move-in dates and other important information.