The Online Housing Gateway is the ability to retain your current spring room for the following academic year. In order to be eligible for Room Retention, you must be a returning resident and submitted your Housing Contract & Terms of Agreement and $200 deposit before March 30, 2012. Please refer to the Room Selection Packet for the dates you can retain your room.
You may only retain your room or suite if you are currently residing in Concordia, Donahue, Eames, Bourgeois, ICC, Sheehy, East Meadow Lanes, 725 Merrimack or University Commons at Moody Street.
1. Click ROOM RETENTION found in the SELF ASSIGNMENT folder on the left side of the window.
Note: If you are a returning resident and do not see this option, please contact the Housing Office immediately.
2. If you have submitted your contract on time, paid your deposit, and do not already have a room for the next academic year, you will be presented with the WELCOME PAGE of Room Retention.
Note 1: The list on the left is not interactive and cannot be clicked on. It shows you your progress as you continue through the retention process.
Note 2: The moment you get to this screen you have five minutes to complete the retention process. If you exceed this time you will have to start over.
3. Click CONTINUE at the bottom of the screen to move to the next step.
4. You will be presented with the ROOM LOCK PAGE. Note the time remaining clock and confirm that the CURRENT BEDSPACE is the room you wish to retain for next year.
5. Click RETAIN YOUR ROOM if the bedspace is correct.
6. You will be presented with the CONFIRM ROOM PAGE. Carefully review the room selection you have made, as this will be the only opportunity to decline the space.
7. Click UIT if you do not want to retain the space, otherwise click CONTINUE.
8. You will be presented with the SELECT PLAN PAGE. Choose one of the eight meal-plan choices by clicking the appropriate box under the NOMINATE column.
Note: Only four plans are shown at a time - use the scroll bar to see the remaining plans.
9. Click CONTINUE once you have made your plan choice - you cannot continue until you select one.
10. You will be presented with the CONFIRM PLAN PAGE. You will not be able to change your plan once you pass this step, so ensure that it is the correct one and you have not selected multiple.
11. Once you are satisfied with your selection, click CONFIRM. If you need to make an adjustment, click BACK TO PREVIOUS.
Note: Ensure that you have not selected more than one plan - there should be one for each term, however. If you see more than two (2) listings you have selected too many.
12. You will finally be presented with the RECEIPT PAGE. You may want to print this page for your records, but you will receive an e-mail confirmation to your student account. Another e-mail and letter will be sent to you by the end of the semester with move-in dates and roommate information. See you next year!