Preparing the next generation of educators
Mixed LLC Experience
Considering teaching as a possible career? If you think you might like to explore what it means to teach, whether it is in a K-12 classroom, a preschool, or even a museum, then the iTeach LLC is for you!
The iTeach Living-Learning Community is designed for every student who may be interested in exploring a career in teaching. This community is focused on introducing students to teaching as a career path and will provide hands-on experiences and opportunities to visit K-12 classrooms, prepare for the MTELs, and navigate the teacher licensure process. The LLC experience helps students learn about creative teaching practices and the impact educational technology has on our students as well as our communities. This LLC is sponsored by the College of Education.
As a result of living in the iTeach Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
- Identify campuses resources that will assist in preparing for the MTELs, and utilize tutoring services in an effort to enhance academic success.
- Explore the UMass Lowell’s Education programs and the organizations that support them (e.g., education minor, UTeach, Master’s degrees in secondary teaching, Jumpstart, etc…).
- Develop an understanding of how to obtain teacher licensure within Massachusetts.
- Identify opportunities that support service learning in an effort to develop the essential skills required to become an effective teacher.
- Recognize the value, and explore the essential connection to, urban learning within K-12 education.
- Develop meaningful relationships with Education advisors, faculty, alumni, and peers that will promote professional and academic success.
Professor Michelle Scribner-MacLean | Clinical Associate Professor, Mathematics & Science Education, Graduate School of Education