Mixed LLC Experience
If you have a passion for television, films, or social media, then this LLC is for you! Designed as a community for ALL students whom have a passion for Digital Media, and for those pursuing a digital media minor, this LLC will provide students with an opportunity to explore the theory and practice of media as it is being produced on the ground today. Today's rapidly changing media landscape of digitization, high-speed connectivity, and endless advancement in technology is redefining the relationship between media and its audience, and this LLC will assist in further preparing students to join the ranks of today’s converged media in an effort to uniquely distinguish them in today’s market.
Students will be exposed to a wide variety of media platforms spanning from online multimedia production to TV and film making to prepare students to become multi-skilled media professionals. Students will be afforded opportunities to network with faculty, staff and media professionals, while also being exposed to working in the television studio located on campus. Supported by a dedicated Faculty Advisor whom is the Director of the Digital Media Minor, this LLC is sponsored by the College of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
As a result of living in the Media Makers Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
Professor Wael Kamal | Lecturer in Art & Design, Director of Digital Media Program, College of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Applying to a Living-Learning Community is free and easy:
1. Visit the Online Housing Portal and click on the housing application form.
2. Select the Living-Learning Community you wish to apply for and answer a few short answer questions on the "Living-Learning Community Selection" page of the housing application.
3. Invitations to participate in the LLC will be extended via email to applicants based on application answers and availability.
4. If offered a spot in the Living-Learning Community, return to the housing application using the link sent in the invitation email to accept/decline your place in the community.
5. Select your room in the Living-Learning Community on LLC Room Selection Day.