Creating multi-skilled media professionals
Mixed LLC Experience
If you have a passion for television, films, or social media, then this LLC is for you! Designed as a community for ALL students whom have a passion for Digital Media, and for those pursuing a digital media minor, this LLC will provide students with an opportunity to explore the theory and practice of media as it is being produced on the ground today. Today's rapidly changing media landscape of digitization, high-speed connectivity, and endless advancement in technology is redefining the relationship between media and its audience, and this LLC will assist in further preparing students to join the ranks of today’s converged media in an effort to uniquely distinguish them in today’s market.
Students will be exposed to a wide variety of media platforms spanning from online multimedia production to TV and film making to prepare students to become multi-skilled media professionals. Students will be afforded opportunities to network with faculty, staff and media professionals, while also being exposed to working in the television studio located on campus. Supported by a dedicated Faculty Advisor whom is the Director of the Digital Media Minor, this LLC is sponsored by the College of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
As a result of living in the Media Makers Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
- Explore diverse platforms of media, including the impact digital media has on society.
- Develop an understanding of the nature of 21st Century converged media.
- Identify a Digital Media area of interest, including academic program requirements, within the College of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Develop meaningful relationships through networking opportunities with faculty, staff, alumni, peers and with local & community partners within the field of Media Production that promote professional and academic success.
- Work in collaboration with the Digital Media Program to develop technology skills within the areas of Digital Filmmaking, Digital TV Broadcasting, and Online Media.
- Analyze diverse social issues within the Digital Media community.
LLC Faculty ADVISOR
Professor Wael Kamal | Lecturer in Art & Design, Director of Digital Media Program, College of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences