Making the future a better place for us all
Mixed LLC Experience
The Leaders in Environmental Advocacy for the Future (L.E.A.F.) Living-Learning Community assists students in exploring the ways in which they can become an agent of environmental change, and make an impact on our campus, as well as within our local and global communities. With engaged faculty and staff advisors whom are experts in their fields, this LLC is a great fit for students who intend to declare a major or minor related to environment, clean energy, climate change, or sustainability.
The L.E.A.F. LLC is designed for any student who has a passion for sustainability, social justice, environmental activism, and for those whom want to create change within their community and the ever-changing planet we call home. This LLC is sponsored by the Francis College of Engineering, Kennedy College of Science and the Office of Sustainability.
As a result of living in the Leaders in Environmental Advocacy for the Future (L.E.A.F.) Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to:
- Develop meaningful relationships through networking opportunities with faculty, staff, alumni, local business leaders, and peers that will allow for the exploration of careers within the realms of environmental science, clean energy, and sustainability.
- Utilize personal passions to work towards positive change in the local community and environment.
- Examine communication strategies which successfully advocate for sustainability.
- Explain what UMass Lowell is doing to contribute to sustainability on-campus in an effort to become ambassadors of campus sustainability.
- Develop effective organization and time management techniques that enhance study skills and promote academic and personal success.
- Explain the impact local, state, and regional actions have on the global environment.