Mixed LLC Experience
The Advocates of Tomorrow Mixed Living-Learning Community is designed to be a close-knit community where residents can learn about social issues and embrace the different life experiences and points of view of fellow community members.
This community is designed for students of all class years and identities who are passionate about equal rights for all people and for those who aspire to become change agents. This LLC works to build upon students’ passions related to social justice, while building respect for diversity in all its forms. With such a diverse student population on-campus, this LLC is charged with building a supportive community that encourages dialogue across differences and to promote multicultural education, self-awareness, and social change. Participants will learn and explore social activism, social change, and the historical/philosophical foundations of justice through specialized programming, speakers, field experiences and community service opportunities. This LLC is sponsored by the Office of Multicultural Affairs and is supported by dedicated social justice advocates who serve the community as both Faculty and Staff Advisors.
As a result of living in the First-Year Advocates of Tomorrow Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
José Mendoza | Assistant Professor, Philosophy
Francine Coston | Associate Director, Office of Multicultural Affairs
Elsie Otero | Associate Director, Office of Multicultural Affairs
Applying to a Living-Learning Community is free and easy:
1. Visit the Online Housing Portal and click on the housing application form.
2. Select the Living-Learning Community you wish to apply for and answer a few short answer questions on the "Living-Learning Community Selection" page of the housing application.
3. Invitations to participate in the LLC will be extended via email to applicants based on application answers and availability.
4. If offered a spot in the Living-Learning Community, return to the housing application using the link sent in the invitation email to accept/decline your place in the community.
5. Select your room in the Living-Learning Community on LLC Room Selection Day.