Preparing the next generation of global business leaders
Sponsored by the Manning School of Business, the Upper-Class Business Innovation Living-Learning Community is dedicated to the study, advancement, and success of future business leaders. This LLC is designed for Upper-Class students. Scaffolding upon the First-Year LLC experience, this Upper-Class experience will continue to explore the complexities of being a global business leader. Through social and educational residence hall programming that focuses on current business practices, career development, and engagement within the local Lowell business community, students are afforded opportunities to hone their problem solving, networking and leadership skills. Faculty Advisors from the Manning School of Business creating unique experiences for Upper-Class LLC students to employ the skills and techniques they are learning inside the classroom and their real-world applications, along with exposing students to the principles of servant leadership and social entrepreneurship.
As a result of living in the Upper-Class Business Innovation Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
- Networking: Continue developing meaningful relationships through networking opportunities with faculty, staff, alumni, Business Leaders and their peers that will promote professional and academic success.
- Career Development: Utilize Career Services and other campus resources to create an action plan for accomplishing career goals (e.g., Applying for Graduate School and/or Jobs post-graduation, Mock Interviews, etc.).
- Quantitative Literacy: Begin to develop skills related to Quantitative Literacy that will promote career development (e.g., Fiscal Management and Responsibility, Personal Finance, Understanding Student Loan Debt, etc.).
- Problem Solving: Develop problem-solving skills, techniques and methods that will empower their career development.
- Leadership Development: Recognize key components of effective leadership, including understanding their leadership style and ways in which they can lead others in a team.
- Social Entrepreneurship: Understand the concept of Social Entrepreneurship through exploring diverse social issues within the Business Sector. (DCA)