Discover Yourself, Discover the World
Have you ever dreamed about traveling the world?
The World Passport Living-Learning Community is designed to help students discover themselves, while exploring the world around them. In collaboration with the Office of Study Abroad and International Experiences, this LLC prepares students to begin thinking about and planning a study-abroad experience. With a Faculty Advisor from the Department of World Languages and Cultures and staff members from the Office of Study Abroad, the World Passport LLC gives students the opportunity to participate in events connected with diverse cultures and traditions, while providing a unique place to exploring languages, cultures, and international opportunities. This LLC is sponsored by the College of Fine Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences.
As a result of living in the World Passport Living-Learning Community, Students will have the opportunity to…
- Develop meaningful relationships through networking opportunities with faculty, staff, alumni and peers that promote professional and academic success.
- Identify campus resources that will support academic success while beginning to plan a study abroad experience (e.g., Study Abroad Fair, Course Scheduling, Financing, Identifying Countries/Areas of Interest, Scholarships, Library Resources & Research, Tutoring, etc.).
- Utilize resources provided by the Office of Study Abroad & International Experiences, International Students & Scholars Office and the Office of Multicultural Affairs to assist in accomplishing study-abroad goals.
- Identify ways in which to become engaged within the local international community.
- Begin to explore cultural diversity across the globe.
- Begin to develop advocacy skills for others as they serve their local, regional and global communities.
LLC FACULTY ADVISOR
Professor Max Ubelaker Andrade | Lecturer in Latin American Studies, College of Fine Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences