Supporting the development of healthier and happier lifestyles
The REC-IT: Fitness & Wellness Living-Learning Community incorporates the elements of recreation and physical health into a living and learning experience for Upper-Class students that is inclusive, fun, diverse and motivational. This LLC is designed to provide students with proactive ways to manage stress, healthy eating/nutrition, and physical activity through social and educational programming. With a motivational and dedicated Staff Advisor, students will become empowered to explore the services offered at the Campus Recreation Center, create LLC-member specific Outdoor Adventure opportunities, Campus Recreation Teams, and learn ways to support the development of healthier and happier lifestyles. Through experiential education, this LLC will teach Upper-Class students the importance of exercise and recreational activities in preparation for a productive, balanced and rewarding life. This LLC is open to all Upper-Class Students of all majors and is sponsored by Campus Recreation.
As a result of living in the REC-IT Fitness & Wellness Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
- Explore Campus Recreation resources that can support overall wellbeing.
- Identify fitness goals that will sustain a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
- Begin to develop a connection to the Greater Lowell Community, including service opportunities within the UMass Lowell campus that will promote leadership.
- Recognize key components of effective leadership, including building skills within the areas of integrity, sportsmanship, responsibility and managing interpersonal relationships.
- Learn through exercise how to build a lasting, active and balanced lifestyle.
- Investigate diverse social issues in an effort to make campus recreation open, accessible and inclusive.
Diana Davis | Assistant Director, Fitness & Wellness Programs, Campus Recreation