Producing leaders for the Air Force & the Army
Mixed LLC Experience
The Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Living-Learning Community is designed to support students who are involved in the Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program. Due to a student-led initiative, this LLC was created to bring a residential component to those who are currently enrolled in the ROTC Army and Air Force programs at UMass Lowell. Students in the ROTC LLC are part of a unique community where they train with their peers and go through a rigorous training program, while also living together and experiencing all college has to offer, together. Students will have opportunities to participate in a supportive environment that helps to foster their success within their respective program, while also engaging in experiences that promote social interaction and experiential learning such as historical site visits, team-building activities, and networking with alumni. This LLC is open to all students who are either enrolled in ROTC or have an interest in the program. This LLC is sponsored by the Air Force ROTC - Detachment 345, and the Army ROTC at UMass Lowell.
As a result of living in the ROTC Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
- Explore the impact diverse cultures have on the U.S. Military.
- Describe the variety of military officer career fields available to ROTC Cadets.
- Understand the roles, missions, and history of the U.S. Military Services.
- Develop skills related to Financial Literacy (e.g., Personal Budgeting, Understanding Student Loan Debt, Military Salaries & Benefits, etc...).
- Recognize the concepts of effective team building, followership, and leadership.
- Begin to develop effective communication skills that support academic and military service goals.
Major Todd Meyers | Recruiting Flight Commander, Operations Officer, Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies, AIR FORCE ROTC DETACHMENT 345
Captain Daniel Allen | Army ROTC