Preparing tomorrow's musicians
The Upper-Class Living Allegro Living-Learning Community is designed to transform today’s students into tomorrow's musicians. Providing viable career training within the changing musical landscape of the 21st century, this LLC is for Upper-Class students who share a passion for music. Through working with the First-Year LLC experience to create an environment that is highly collaborative, expressive and inclusive, the Upper-Class experience will focus on assisting students in exploring a career within the various aspects of music (performance, music business, sound recording technology, music studies, etc…), while role modeling and mentoring the First-Year LLC students. Supported by a Faculty Advisor from the Music Department who empowers students to become their very best, this LLC is sponsored by the College of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, and provides countless opportunities for students to get engaged on-campus and find their niche.
As a result of living in the Upper-Class Living Allegro Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
- Identify significant contributions to music by diverse musical performances and artists.
- Role Model professionalism in musical performance and practice.
- Identify career opportunities within the music industry and organizations on-campus.
- Determine social issues within the music industry that impact our society, along with potential solutions that may address them.
- Utilize developed relationships with faculty, staff, alumni and peers to promote professional and academic success.
- Utilize campus resources that may assist in accomplishing personal and academic goals (e.g., Internships, Finding a Mentor, Joining Professional Organizations, Tutoring, etc.).