Scholarship, Leadership, Service & Friendship
The Greek Life Living-Learning Community is designed for students who are members of recognized Greek Letter organizations, and for those who have an interest in learning more about the Greek community at UMass Lowell. Members from various fraternities and sororities live together to promote The Pillars of Greek Life: Scholarship, Leadership, Service and Friendship. Students will be empowered to give back to the campus, enhance the unity that comes from being part of the Greek community, and become inspired to continue on as engaged alumni once their time in college has come to an end. With a Staff Advisor whom is Greek and understands the complexities of the Greek experience, this LLC is a great way for students to further hone and develop their leadership skills while striving to make a difference within our community. This LLC is sponsored by the Office of Student Activities & Leadership.
As a result of living in the Greek Life Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
- Scholarship: Utilize University resources that promote academic success.
- Leadership: Recognize key components of effective leadership, including understanding leadership styles, role modeling and working in teams.
- Service: Through the lens of altruism, utilize campus resources and events to promote a more inclusive campus community.
- Friendship: Develop increased pride and connection between members within their organization.
- Unity: Discover engaging ways to promote a more inclusive Greek community.
- Connections: Identify ways to become engaged alumni within the Greek Community.