Engineering solutions to society’s most pressing problems
The Upper-Class Developing Leaders in Engineering Living-Learning Community is engineered to provide students with a hands-on, real-world educational living and learning experience that focuses on social responsibility, ethical decision making and leadership development as students continue to career paths of aspiring engineers, along with social issues within the field of engineering. Through participation in the LLC, students are afforded access to UMass Lowell Alumni and local businesses, as well as on-campus resources to help identify prepare themselves for their engineering career. Individualized free tutoring is offered to all Upper-Class DLE students that is major specific, as well as private drop-in hours at the Dean’s Office that will enhance students’ professional development. Dedicated Faculty and Staff Advisor’s support the community and help to promote student success, as this Upper-Class LLC is open to any upper-class students majoring in engineering, and is sponsored by the Francis College of Engineering.
As a result of living in the Upper-Class Developing Leaders in Engineering Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
- Apply concepts of social responsibility and ethical decision making within the field of Engineering.
- Demonstrate effective time management techniques.
- Develop meaningful relationships through networking opportunities with faculty, staff, alumni and peers that promote professional and academic success.
- Explore on-campus career development resources.
- Apply key components of effective leadership related to working on a team.
- Develop potential solutions to address social issues within the field of Engineering.