Redefining academic excellence
The Upper-Class Commonwealth Honors LLC is designed for Upper-Class students whom are in good standing with the Honors College. With a focus on the pursuit of excellence in undergraduate education, this LLC provides enriched academic opportunities to exceptional students who want to take their university experience to the next level. Through participation in engaging social and academic-based residence hall programming, students in the Upper-Class Commonwealth Honors LLC work to enhance the learning and academic growth of their community. Through networking opportunities and the utilization of campus resources, this LLC aims to set students up for success as they begin to construct their thesis, further hone their written and oral communication strategies, demonstrate balance and an improved sense of wellbeing. This LLC is sponsored by the Honors College and offers a dedicated Faculty-in-Residence whom supports the students of the LLC through programming initiatives, advising, and individual personal and professional development.
As a result of living in the Upper-Class Commonwealth Honors Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
- Continue developing meaningful relationships through networking opportunities with faculty, staff, alumni and peers that promote professional and academic success.
- Recognize the essential requirements of beginning an Honors Thesis.
- Utilize campus resources that can assist in finding a mentor/faculty thesis advisor and begin exploring Thesis topics, research concepts and ideas.
- Develop effective written and oral communication skills (e.g., Writing workshops, etc.).
- Demonstrate balance and an improved sense of wellbeing within the following areas: Physical, Financial, Social, Community & Career Wellbeing.
- Continue investigating their identity as an Honors student by challenging world views through breaking down barriers and celebrating diversity and cultural awareness.
Get more information about the Honors College.
LLC Faculty ADVISOR | Faculty in Residence
David Adams, Ph.D. | Lecturer & Undergraduate Coordinator, Computer Science | The Honors College