TAKE YOUR EXPERIENCE TO THE NEXT LEVEL
We offer 18 unique Upper-Class Living-Learning Communities (LLCs) in which we provide students with 24 or more credits the chance to live in an engaged, like-minded community of students and fellow scholars.
Often the next step within an LLC experience, Upper-Class LLCs facilitate closer interaction with faculty and staff advisors who can be vital in helping students navigate their college experience and prepare for life after college. This post-graduate preparation is just one aspect that distinguishes the First-Year and Upper-Class LLCs.
We have designed our Living-Learning Communities to build upon one another, proving the “next step” along a student’s college journey.
Upper-Class LLCs provide...
- more opportunities for students to remain connected with their peers.
- enhanced relationships and connections with faculty and staff.
- focus on career development.
- real-world, tangible skills students will need to succeed in the fast-paced world of work that awaits them once they graduate.
- scaffold upon what is being learned inside the classroom, and help students make sense of and apply what they’re learning outside of it.
Below you will find details on the various types of LLCs we have, as well as a complete list of each Upper-Class LLC that we offer – click on an Upper-Class LLC below to you explore the community description, learning objectives and faculty/staff advisor contact information, along with information on how to sign-up!
TYPES OF LLCs
- First-Year LLCs: For new students joining the UMass Lowell Community for the first time (typically new students that have less than 24 credits would be considered a first-year student).
- Upper-Class LLCs: For Transfer, Sophomore, Junior and Senior students (students who have earned, or transferred in, 25 or more credits).
- Mixed LLCs: For all students – first-year through senior year.