This community is for students who are on the pre-medicine track, particularly biology majors.
Students who are a part of this floor establish close relationships with others who share similar
interests while engaging in programs that enhance academic awareness and explore career
development during their time at UMass Lowell. A Faculty Advisor from the College of Sciences
is involved to provide support and academic guidance to students.
As a result of living in the Pre-Med Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
- Develop meaningful relationships through service opportunities with faculty, staff, alumni and peers that will promote professional and academic success.
- Utilize campus resources to assist in career development (e.g., Career Services, Research Experience with Faculty, Campus EMS, Student Clubs/Organizations, Professional Organizations, etc.).
- Identify resources that will assist in applying to Medical School, while also understanding the requirements, and recent changes, of the MCAT and how to best prepare.
- Begin to develop helping skills through experiential learning opportunities within the UMass Lowell, local and regional communities (e.g., Service Opportunities that provide Human Contact and the development of Empathy, Active Listening, etc.).
- Explore various aspects of Health, Dental, Veterinarian, and other related Medical Fields that will assist with career development.
- Expand their worldview as they explore diverse global issues within the Health & Medical Fields. (DCA)
Professor Peter Gaines | Associate Professor, Kennedy College of Sciences
How to Sign Up
Freshman Living-Learning Community sign up is a part of the Freshman Housing Contract.