Preparing the next generation of global business leaders
Sponsored by the Manning School of Business, the UMass Lowell First-Year Business Innovation Living-Learning Community is dedicated to the study, advancement and success of future business leaders. This LLC is designed to support Manning School first-year students by providing social and educational residence hall programming that focuses on organizational and time management techniques that promote academic success. Students will be afforded opportunities to network with and become engaged within local business leaders as they explore career pathways within their intended career. Faculty Advisors are actively engaged with the students, creating unique opportunities that promote career development, networking opportunities and helping students find balance between academic rigors, personal and professional development.
As a result of living in the First-Year Business Innovation Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to …
- Network: Begin to develop meaningful relationships through networking opportunities with faculty, staff, alumni, community members and peers that will promote professional and academic success.
- Academic Success: Discover effective organizational, goal setting and time management techniques that will enhance study skills and promote academic success.
- Wellbeing: Identify areas in need of balance and stress reduction that will sustain overall wellbeing within the following areas: physical, financial, social, community and career wellbeing.
- Career Development: Prepare a Resume and/or Cover Letter that will promote career development.
- Goal Setting: Investigate campus resources that can assist in accomplishing personal and academic goals.
- Service to Others: Identify service opportunities provided on the UMass Lowell campus, and within the greater Lowell community, that will further develop them as leaders.
First-Year LLC Advisor