Developing the minds of our future
If you have a passion for learning about behavior, then the MasterMinds Living-Learning Community may be the community for you!
With a focus on fostering critical and creative thinking, students will explore the principles, methods and ethics of psychology as both a scientific discipline and as a profession, while being afforded opportunities to become actively involved in improving the social fabric of our community. As experts in their field, engaged faculty advisors support the community, helping to create a living-learning experience that will prepare students for academic success and set them on a path towards reaching their career aspirations.
The MasterMinds LLC is designed for any first-year student interested in investigating the various facets of the psychology field. The overarching goal of this LLC supports the goals of Psychology Department, which are to enable students to understand human behavior and cognition, to contribute solutions to human problems and achieve the capacity to respond to a changing world. This LLC is sponsored by the College of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
As a result of living in the MasterMinds Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
- Begin to develop critical thinking skills that support the contribution of solutions to human problems.
- Examine communication strategies (written & oral) that will support academic success.
- Evaluate principles, methods and ethical responsibilities required of Psychologists.
- Apply both analytical and creative thinking skills to further understand the fundamentals of human behavior and cognition.
- Discover effective organization and time management techniques that may enhance study skills and promote academic success.Develop meaningful relationships through networking opportunities with faculty, staff, alumni, practitioners and peers that will allow for the exploration of careers within the field of Psychology.