Preparing tomorrow's musicians
The First-Year Living Allegro Living-Learning Community is designed to prepare today’s students to become tomorrow's musicians. Providing viable career training within the changing musical landscape of the 21st century, this LLC is for First-Year students who share a passion for music. Our goal is to create an environment that is highly collaborative, expressive and inclusive. With a focus on preparing students to find meaningful careers within the various aspects of music (performance, music business, sound recording technology, music studies, etc…), this LLC is supported by a Faculty Advisor from the Music Department who works to provide programming opportunities that highlight cultural immersion and academic success. This LLC is sponsored by the College of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
As a result of living in the First-Year Living Allegro Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
- Recognize diverse musical genres, including influential and emerging artists as well as significant contributions to musics of the past.
- Show professionalism in musical performance and practice.
- Explore career opportunities within the music industry and organizations on-campus.
- Analyze social issues within the music industry through developing cultural awareness and empathy.
- Develop meaningful relationships through networking opportunities with faculty, staff, alumni and peers that promote professional and academic success.
- Utilize campus resources that may assist in accomplishing personal and academic goals (e.g., Internships, Finding a Mentor, Joining Professional Organizations, Tutoring, etc.).
LLC Faculty Advisor
Professor Timothy Crain | Assistant Professor, Music Department