The First-Year Living Allegro Living-Learning Community is designed to prepare today’s students to become tomorrow's musicians. Providing viable career training within the changing musical landscape of the 21st century, this LLC is for First-Year students who share a passion for music. Our goal is to create an environment that is highly collaborative, expressive and inclusive. With a focus on preparing students to find meaningful careers within the various aspects of music (performance, music business, sound recording technology, music studies, etc…), this LLC is supported by a Faculty Advisor from the Music Department who works to provide programming opportunities that highlight cultural immersion and academic success. This LLC is sponsored by the College of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
As a result of living in the First-Year Living Allegro Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
Professor Timothy Crain | Assistant Professor, Music Department
Applying to a Living-Learning Community is free and easy:
1. Visit the Online Housing Portal and click on the housing application form.
2. Select the Living-Learning Community you wish to apply for and answer a few short answer questions on the "Living-Learning Community Selection" page of the housing application.
3. Invitations to participate in the LLC will be extended via email to applicants based on application answers and availability.
4. If offered a spot in the Living-Learning Community, return to the housing application using the link sent in the invitation email to accept/decline your place in the community.
5. Select your room in the Living-Learning Community on LLC Room Selection Day.