Innovation for a smarter world
The <.ICS>: Innovation in Computer Science Living-Learning Community is designed for first-year students who aspire to use computing to solve technical and socially relevant problems that impact the world we live in.
This LLC will empower students to create solutions for individuals, society, and the high-tech economy. It's for students who are excited to learn more about computer science, mathematics, and electrical and computer engineering. Explore software and hardware, be innovative, and solve problems that challenge our society. This LLC will fuel an innovative spark amongst community members. <.ICS> is sponsored by the Kennedy College of Sciences and the Francis College of Engineering.
As a result of living in the <.ICS>: Innovation in Computer Science Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
- Begin to develop critical thinking skills that support the contribution of solutions to human problems.
- Apply both problem-solving and creative thinking skills to identify innovative solutions to issues related to technology and science.
- Examine communication strategies that will support academic success.
- Evaluate ethical responsibilities of both Computer Scientists and Engineers.
- Discover effective organization and time management techniques that may enhance study skills and promote academic success.
- Develop meaningful relationships through networking opportunities with faculty, staff, alumni, practitioners and peers that will allow for the exploration of careers within the fields of Computer Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering.
LLC FACULTY ADVISOR
Professor Sirong Lin
| Lecturer, Computer Science, Kennedy College of Science