The First-Year Developing Leaders in Engineering Living-Learning Community is engineered to provide students with a hands-on, real-world educational living and learning experience that focuses on taking an inside look into exploring career paths of aspiring engineers.
Through participation in the LLC, students are afforded access to UMass Lowell Alumni and local businesses, as well as on-campus resources to help identify potential career pathways.
LLC students will benefit from the unique living experience of being part of a community of likeminded peers with similar goals and career aspirations. Free tutoring is offered to all First-Year DLE students within the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Calculus and Economics. With two dedicated Faculty and Staff Advisor’s whom empower and support the community, this LLC is open to all first-year students majoring in engineering, and is sponsored by the Francis College of Engineering.
As a result of living in the First-Year Developing Leaders in Engineering Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to…
Applying to a Living-Learning Community is free and easy:
1. Visit the Online Housing Portal and click on the housing application form.
2. Select the Living-Learning Community you wish to apply for and answer a few short answer questions on the "Living-Learning Community Selection" page of the housing application.
3. Invitations to participate in the LLC will be extended via email to applicants based on application answers and availability.
4. If offered a spot in the Living-Learning Community, return to the housing application using the link sent in the invitation email to accept/decline your place in the community.
5. Select your room in the Living-Learning Community on LLC Room Selection Day.