The UMass Lowell First-Year Commonwealth Honors LLC is designed for First-Year students who have been accepted into the Honors College. This LLC provides enriched academic opportunities to exceptional students who want to take their university experience to the next level.
Through participation in engaging social and academic-based residence hall programming, students in the First-Year Commonwealth Honors LLC are empowered to build a strong community around learning, academic growth and their identity as Honors students.
With a focus on wellbeing, networking, time management and identifying campus resources, this LLC aims to set students up for success all the while preparing them to graduate as Commonwealth Honors Scholars. This LLC is sponsored by the Honors College and offers a dedicated Faculty-in-Residence who supports the students of the LLC through programming initiatives, advising, and individual personal and professional development.
As a result of living in the First-Year Commonwealth Honors Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to …
Get more information about the Honors College
Applying to a Living-Learning Community is free and easy:
1. Visit the Online Housing Portal and click on the housing application form.
2. Select the Living-Learning Community you wish to apply for and answer a few short answer questions on the "Living-Learning Community Selection" page of the housing application.
3. Invitations to participate in the LLC will be extended via email to applicants based on application answers and availability.
4. If offered a spot in the Living-Learning Community, return to the housing application using the link sent in the invitation email to accept/decline your place in the community.
5. Select your room in the Living-Learning Community on LLC Room Selection Day.