Preparing undeclared students for a bright future
Exclusive to undecided First-Year students, the UMass Lowell Academic & Career Exploration Living-Learning Community focuses on providing students with intentional community-building and academic support resources throughout the year. Students will have the opportunity to live with fellow undeclared students while also having access to faculty and staff members that will aid in their journey exploring different disciplines and areas of study. This LLC is sponsored by the College of Fine Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences.
As a result of living in the Academic & Career Exploration Living-Learning Community, students will have the opportunity to ...
- Recognize the essential requirements of the Core Curriculum and the university’s Essential Learning Outcomes.
- Utilize resources provided by the university that will promote academic success.
- Develop meaningful relationships through networking opportunities with faculty, staff, alumni and peers that will promote career development.
- Discover effective organization and time management techniques that will enhance study skills and promote academic success.
- Examine various major/minor offerings and degree requirements as they relate to an individual’s career of interest.
- Identify connections to the university community, including programs & opportunities provided on the UMass Lowell campus, and within the region, that will further develop them as leaders.
LLC FACULTY ADVISOR
Shelli DeMarkles | Visiting Lecturer, English Department, College of Fine Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences