two female students laughing and chilling inside their dorm.

Student Staff Positions

Resident Advisors

Resident Advisors

Resident Advisors (RAs) are paraprofessional staff members responsible for overseeing a residential community in their assigned area. Resident Advisors provide social and educational programming for their residents, enforce university policy, connect students to resources and serve as an overall support person to help residents with whatever problem or issue they might be facing.  If you are interested, please apply through the housing portal.
Requirements for the Resident Advisor position include: 
• 2.5 minimum GPA 
• Full time matriculated student status 
• Good standing within the student conduct system 
Compensation for the Resident Advisor position includes a single room, silver or gold meal plan, opportunity to earn $11/hour for front desk security shifts and the ability to have a whole lot of fun and make lifelong connections! 
Office Assistants

Office Assistants

Office Assistants work in the Residence Life Office in University Crossing and staff offices of the residence halls. They support the overall functions of the office by answering telephones, greeting walk-in students, families, or staff, assisting in the distribution of program flyers and marketing materials, performing lock-outs, directing residents to resources as necessary, and assisting with a variety of projects and initiatives. Compensation for the position is $11/hour. If you are interested in applying, please visit the UMass Lowell Student Employment website and sign-in to Job Hawk!
Summer Staff Assistants

Summer Staff Assistant

Summer Staff Assistants live and work on campus during the summer and support summer students and conference operations. Summer Staff Assistants serve in a on-call rotation, assist with conference check-in/out, prep conference materials for summer guests and perform other duties as assigned. 

Compensation for the Summer Staff Assistant position is $11/hour and a free room for the summer intersession. If you are interested in applying, please visit the Office of Residence Life’s website during the spring semester and apply through the housing portal.