Interested in joining our team as a Resident Director or Area Coordinator? In addition to an amazing experience that will help you continue to hone professional skills and competencies, Residence Life at UMass Lowell offers the following compensation package and benefits:
- Starting salary depends on experience, but Area Coordinators usually start at $47,500 for candidates with a Master's degree and two years experience (preferred) and Resident Directors usually start at $41,000.
- This is a full-time, 12-month position with academic year and summer responsibilities.
- A fully furnished apartment and a staff office with a computer and printer.
(Note: All residence halls are non-smoking and pets are not allowed. Staff and students are not allowed to smoke anywhere on campus).
- A full meal-plan when school is in session with UMass Lowell Dining Plan.
- Access to reserved staff parking spaces.
- Full university benefits are provided - which include but are not limited to Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance, and participation in retirement programs – through SEIU 888 bargaining unit.
- Medical benefits are effective on the first day of the month following date of appointment.
- Tuition benefits include up to five courses per year (eligible after six-month probationary period). Spouses and eligible same-sex partners 50% tuition waiver (eligible after one year).