The UMass Lowell Career & Co-op Center provides a variety of services to current students to facilitate their career development. Please explore the links below to find out how we can help you along your career path.
- Schedule Your Appointment
- Handshake Login: view job postings and career events
- Professional Co-op Program
- ProPath - A Career Development Model for Undergraduates
- Exploring Majors and Careers
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- On-Campus Recruiting
- Career Fairs
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Leadership Development & Rotational Programs
- Job & Internship Search Sites
- Graduate School Resources
Career & Co-op Center Policies
As a member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), UMass Lowell's Career & Co-op Center adheres to NACE's principles of professional practice.
We are committed to promoting and maintaining a professional and respectful environment for all.
Please review the following Student Affairs Mission Statement and related commitments made by us and by all members of the Division of Student Affairs.
The Mission of the Division of Student Affairs is to produce the responsible citizens needed to sustain regional economic and social development by engaging students in intellectual, personal, social and professional development opportunities in a proactive and supportive environment.
The Division of Student Affairs staff is committed to:
- Honoring the diversity and individuality of our community members.
- Responding to all reasonable requests in a timely fashion.
- Welcoming feedback to continually assess and improve our services.
- Treating everyone with dignity, sensitivity, respect, and fairness.
- Maintaining an awareness of our changing, diverse population, and plan our services to address their needs.
- Conducting business in a respectful, professional manner maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
- Collaboratively making referrals to services in and out of our division.
- Empowering all individuals seeking service to self-advocate in achieving their personal objectives.
- Fostering the values of community, diversity, and personal development in all our interactions.
- Displaying integrity by honoring our commitments.
Just as our staff members are held to high standards of professional conduct, we have similar expectations of our alumni and students' behaviors. Please note that disruptive or similarly unproductive behaviors may lead to a termination or suspension of services.
A “no-show” is a scheduled appointment with a Career & Co-op Center staff member which is missed (or for which the student is more than 15 minutes late) without prior notification. Three cumulative no-shows may result in a termination of services to include (but which may not be limited to) career counseling appointments, on-campus/practice interviews, and career events.
Please also review our policies regarding on-campus interviews.