In addition to using the web to access UMass Lowell's on-campus CareerLINK recruiting system, below is a list by discipline of other online job and internship search sites. You should consider building your leadership potential while gaining valuable "real world" experience by exploring leadership development and rotational programs. This sample list of programs isn't complete, but it provides an idea of the range of opportunities available. You may want to do further research on companies or areas of interest to determine if they offer programs of a similar nature.
Job and Internship Search Sites
- AfterCollege - check to see if your academic major or student group has a career network on AfterCollege
- Boston.com Monster - the largest recruitment tool dedicated to the Boston market
- CareerBuilder - the largest recruitment and career-advancement source for employers, recruiters, and job seekers
- GoinGlobal - An extensive source of country-and-city- specific career and employment information
- Indeed - job listings from major job boards, newspapers, associations and company career pages
- Internships.com - the "leading nexus" between internships and students, and employers and higher education
- LinkedIn Student Jobs - LinkedIn's recent grad job portal for entry-level and internship positions
- SimplyHired a vertical job search engine that pulls listings from job boards, company pages, online classifieds and other sources.
- Snagajob - America's largest hourly employment network for job seekers and employers
Advertising, Marketing, Publishing Jobs
- Advertising Jobs - from The Ad Club, the trade organization for marketing, advertising, and communications in New England
- Bookjobs.com - a "one-stop-shop" that posts entry-level jobs and year-round internships from more than 35 book publishers. Also check out Bookbuilders of Boston for jobs and internships in all areas of publishing
- Cubreporters.org - offering information on training, internships, jobs, tips, and strategies for breaking into journalism
- Marketing Jobs - from the Boston chapter of the American Marketing Association
- Journalism Jobs - from the New England Newspaper & Press Association
- Public Relations Jobs - from the Public Relations Society of America
- UMass Lowell Art Department Internship Wiki - maintained by the UML Art Department, opportunities in several interest areas
- Job Hawk - UMass Lowell student employment site, including jobs tied to financial aid awards, off-campus postings, and department-funded on-campus positions.
- aMAzing Educators - free job-search website connecting candidates to Massachusetts' K-12 schools
- Education Jobs: Public - jobs posted by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Carney, Sandoe & Associates - global faculty recruitment and leadership search services for independent and like-kind schools
- Higher Ed Jobs - one of the largest job databases focused exclusively on college and university positions
- Academic Keys - for those interested in positions in higher education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - supporting the efforts of its New England member institutions to recruit and retain outstanding faculty, administrators, and staff
- The National Employment Minority Network - a national resource organization committed to assisting schools and organizations in the identification and recruitment of minority teachers, administrators and coaches.
Government and Public Safety
Non-Profit and Cultural
- HireCulture - a free, searchable database of cultural employment opportunities in Massachusetts
- Idealist - a great source of nonprofit jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities
- Massachusetts Library Jobs - professional and para-professional library positions posted by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
- Non-Profit Jobs - an online gathering place where non-profit employers and management personnel can meet one another
- Peace and Collaborative Network - a free professional networking site that fosters dialogue and sharing of resources in international development, conflict resolution, gender mainstreaming, human rights, social entrepreneurship and related fields.
- The Washington Center - an educational nonprofit organization providing challenging opportunities to intern and learn in Washington, D.C. for academic credit