What is Turnitin?
Turnitin through Blackboard: If you choose to use Blackboard, Turnitin should be accessed through Blackboard and accounts will automatically be created as you develop your assignments. Student accounts will automatically be created when they submit an assignment.
If you do not use Blackboard:
- Faculty may obtain an account by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to the Turnitin website to log in.
- For students: go to the Turnitin website to create an account.
Turnitin improves the student writing cycle while providing feedback to students. The following tools are available:
- Originality Check: Provides reports to help faculty check students' work for improper citation or potential plagiarism.
- Grade Mark: An electronic gradebook provided by Turnitin.
- Peer Mark: A tool used to facilitate peer review.
Online Training Materials
- Turnitin Instructor Quickstart Guide
- Turnitin Instructor User Manual
- Webinar: Turnitin Walk-through and Basic Training
- Turnitin FAQ
Matthew Wishart, Principal Instructional Technologist
Turnitin Training Requests and Faculty Support
Donna Mellen, Director of Academic Technology