Tableau is an easy-use software application that transforms data into insight and business intelligence.
- Course Outline Example (from the British Columbia Institute of Technology)
- Watch Tableau feature videos.
- License Coverage: Tableau For Teaching is free for active faculty who teach Tableau for their classes and enrolled students who enroll in those classes.
If you are interested in Tableau for Teaching, please follow the instructions below.
- Request an Individual License.
- Access and download the latest version.
- Request Student Licenses.
- Have students activate their accounts and download Tableau.
If your professor provided you a Product Key, skip to Installing and Setting up Tableau
- Getting an Individual Student Product Key
- Go to the Tableau for Students page
- Once there, Click "Get Tableau for Free"
- Enter all the Required information to Verify your Student Status
- An email will be sent to you giving you a Product Key
- Installing and Setting up Tableau Desktop
- Go to the Tableau Desktop Download page
- Select the latest version, then press "Download Tableau Desktop [Version Here]" and click the link to the appropriate version of the software
- After the Download Finishes, click the Downloaded File to start the Install
- After Installing, Open Tableau and Press "Activate Tableau" at the top of the popup that appears
- Select "Activate with a Product Key"
- Enter the Product Key given in the email you received, and press "Activate"
- On the next screen, Enter Your Name, Email and School Information
- Once all fields are filled in press "Register". Tableau Desktop is now ready to use
Documentation and Guidelines
- Create Tableau Account: to be able to watch videos, download whitepapers, participate in Tableau's Community Forum and more.
- Create Tableau Public Account: to publish your workbooks Tableau Public Server and share what you've done with others.
- Tableau Help: documentations and tutorials on Tableau Desktop on Windows and Mac.
- Tableau Live Training and Tutorials
- For Students:Tableau Support Forum for Students
- For Faculty:Tableau Support Forum for Teaching
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 1-206-633-3400.