Solidworks is a computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided engineering (CAE) computer program for engineering design, documentation, simulation, and sustainable design.
This license allows all active faculty, staff and enrolled students to install this product on personally owned equipment.
Software Download and Installation Instructions
Solidworks runs on Windows platforms. To download this software:
- Retrieve Solidworks Serial Number when installing.
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
- Select "Yes" when prompted "I already have a serial number that starts with 9020".
- For "Academic Version" select 2021-2022.
- Select if you are a Student or a Faculty.
- Once you start the Installer it will then ask you to enter the "Solidworks Serial Number".
For a tutorial walkthrough on how to install Solidworks, please review this Installing Solidworks document (pdf).
For technical support regarding installation, enter a UMass Lowell service desk ticket.