Skip to Main Content


International Students are not permitted to register simply to file an incomplete.  If all the student has remaining is to make up an incomplete, the student must complete it prior to the first day of each academic session. An Incomplete does not equal a course in order to maintain full-time status.

Students wishing to apply for post completion work authorization must do so upon completion of their last academic semester.  Their deadline to apply for post completion work authorization is not UMass Lowell’s deadline of when an incomplete can be made up. 

Please contact the International Students and Scholars Office with your questions. We don’t want you to jeopardize your eligibility for post completion optional practical training work authorization.