Musculoskeletal, Physical Therapy, Kinesiology and Exercise Science.
Exercise and chronic low back pain; Orthopedic physical therapy.
- DPT: Physical Therapy, (2015), MGH Institute of Health Professions - Charlestown, MA
- D.Sc.: Orthopedic Physical Therapy, (2007), Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions - Provo, UT
- MS: Physical Therapy, (1991), Army/Baylor Program in Physical Therapy - Waco, TX
- MS: Health/Fitness Management, (1989), American University - Washington, D.C.
- BS: Health and Physical Education, (1985), Rutgers University - New Brunswick, Newark, and Camden , New Jersey
Edgar Torres, DSc., DPT has taught in the Doctor of Physical Therapy programs at the University of Michigan, Flint and the MGH Institute of Health Professions, prior to joining the faculty at the University of Massachusetts Lowell in 2016. Torres has extensive experience in orthopedics and sports medicine and has worked as a clinician and manager in outpatient military and non-military physical therapy clinics. He is certified in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy through the McKenzie Institute, USA. Torres was instrumental in starting a student led pro-bono physical therapy and health education clinic and served as the director of physical therapy services for an urban health and wellness center, both at the University of Michigan, Flint. Torres is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association, the McKenzie Institute USA, and the American College of Sports Medicine.