The Promotion and Tenure policies and procedures are maintained by the Provost's Office.
*2021-22 Provost’s Guidelines, appendices, and resources will be available just prior to the workshops (schedule below).
The Office of the Provost sponsors workshops to discuss the process and the preparation of materials each spring. In addition, we encourage each faculty member to work closely with their department chair and dean to plan each step along the path to promotion. Faculty planning to apply for promotion and/or tenure in 2021, future candidates, department chairs and deans are welcome to attend.
The Provost’s Annual Workshops for the 2021- 22 will be held on:
- Promotion and Tenure Workshop for Tenure-Track Faculty - Friday, April 23, 2021 from 9–11 a.m.
- Promotion Workshop for Teaching and Clinical Faculty - Friday, May 7, 2021 from 9–11 a.m.
Deans and department chairpersons will need to register for each event separately.
Workshops on Preparing and Submitting Electronic Promotion Materials for the 2021- 22 cycle will be held on:
- Tenure-Track Faculty - Thursday, May 20, 2021 from 9:30–11 a.m.
- Teaching and Clinical Faculty - Friday, May 21, 2021 from 9:30–11 a.m.
This workshop is intended for candidates preparing to submit their materials in September 2021.
Faculty who are planning to apply for promotion and/or tenure in 2021-22 should:
- Request a folder on the P&T file share (available May 17)
- Attend the Provost’s Workshop
- Attend the Workshop on Preparing and Submitting Electronic Promotion Materials
- Review the Provost’s Guidelines, MSP contract, and P&T resources
- Continue collaborating with your Dept. Chair and peers to create your portfolio
- Be prepared to upload your portfolio and supplemental materials to the P&T file share by September 20, 2021 at 5 p.m. (EST)
Questions pertaining to technology and format may be directed to email@example.com
If you change your mind and wish to remove your materials from consideration, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and notify your department chair.
The following resources are available to help you construct your portfolio and connect to the P&T file share for 2020-21.