DifferenceMaker DCU / Manning School of Business Innovation Contest
- Digital Federal Credit Union
- UMass Lowell's Manning School of Business
- The DifferenceMaker® Program
Have a "BIG" idea that could make a difference? Tell us about it!
- Top Prize of $500 in cash per team member!
- Each Finalist - $100 in cash per team member!
We want to hear your cutting-edge banking and financial innovations which could drive our future success in the industry. Possible focus areas include:
- AI/Machine Learning
- Mobile Technology Solutions
- Future Payment Solutions
- Financial Literacy Education
- Small Business Solutions
- Payday Lending Alternatives
- Are you up to the challenge? We think you are!!
Examples of ideas include:
- Kick-off Event: Sept. 21, 6-7:30 p.m. Register to attend the Kick-off event: Coming Soon.
- Application Registration Opens: Sept. 21 at 5 p.m.
- Each team must be officially registered into the contest by sending an email to UMLinnovations@dcu.org on or before the deadline (Oct. 28, 2022). This includes identifying the team name, team members, and a brief summary of the planned entry (maximum of one paragraph). This should provide a very high level description of the area being focused on by your team. It is understood that specifics will not have been worked out at this point.
- Executive Summary Due: Nov. 9, by 5 p.m.
- Teams must submit entry by Oct. 28, 2022. Teams can create their entry using any software they have access to, although all entries must be converted to a .PDF file format (under 10 MB) for submission. Please send this via email to: UMLinnovations@dcu.org.
- Finalist Teams Announced: Nov. 17, by 5 p.m.
- Finalist Team Meetings with DCU: November
- Final Competition: Dec. 1, 6-8:30 p.m., Saab Center, Perry Atrium, North Campus
Please read: More information, rules and guidelines.
Questions? Please email: UMLinnovations@dcu.org.
- Project Title: Solar Crowdfund
- Description: Solar Crowdfund is a crowdfunding platform that allows people to invest money to fund large-scale solar projects used to combat climate change.
- Team Members: Tolotra Samuel, Muhammad Khalil, and Borna Doroundi
- Total Funds Awarded: $1,000 in cash!
Thank you to the 2022 judges!
- Darcie Sunnerberg '87, Vice President/Sovereign Analyst, Loomis Sayles and Company
- Sandesh Parulekar, Director of Information Systems Development, DCU
- Hoang Nguyen '07, Director of Finance, DCU
- Ed Gallagher '84, Senior Vice President (retired), Northeast Division, Comcast Business Services