The FAHSS Creative Community Competition (CCC) is sponsored by the College of Fine Arts Humanities and Social Sciences (FAHSS), Glenn Morgan '86, FAHSS, and The Rist DifferenceMaker® Institute. To learn more, follow these links:
The Creative Community Competition (CCC) seeks to motivate and guide students toward the improvement of their community in a measurable, actionable, and continuable manner. The competition will encourage creativity and promote serviceable thinking – from concept to delivery – required to plan and launch a potential program, product or service. The proposed concepts will seek to make the world a better place; starting with our local community.
- The FAHSS CCC shall be open to all University students (graduate or undergraduate).
- Each team must be led by a student from FAHSS and FAHSS students must take the leading role in developing, presenting and implementing the project.
- Students are encouraged to form interdisciplinary teams, meaning students from different majors shall work together as a team in developing the submission.
Application and Executive Summary
- Create a team using the Idea Platform.
- After you have created a team, log back into the Idea Platform and apply to the FAHSS CCC.
- Once your application is approved, you can then submit your executive summary via the Idea Platform.
- Questions? Please contact Wael Kamal, Assistant Dean, FAHSS by email: Wael_Kamal@uml.edu
- 1st place team $2,500
- 2nd place team $1,500
- 3rd place team $1,000
- September 15: Registration Opens
- Oct. 7 at 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.: Workshop (please note that this is mandatory and at least one representative from each prospective team must attend)
- Nov. 28, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.: Improvathon (please note that this is mandatory and at least one representative from each prospective team must attend)
- Dec. 22 at 5 p.m.: Executive Summary Due
- Jan. 27, 4:30 - 8 p.m.: Final Competition Day
Awards and Final Event
- Student finalists will present their business or non-profit enterprise plan to a judging committee.
- The winners and awards will be announced at the conclusion of the event.
For more information contact the FAHSS Assistant Dean, Wael Kamal by email: Wael_Kamal@uml.edu.