DifferenceMaker DCU / Manning School of Business Innovation Contest
- Digital Federal Credit Union,
- UMass Lowell's Manning School of Business and
- The DifferenceMaker® Program
Have a "BIG" idea that could make a difference? Tell us about it!
- Top Prize of $500 in cash per team member!
- Each Finalist - $100 in cash per team member!
We want to hear your cutting-edge banking and financial innovations which could drive our future success in the industry. Possible focus areas include:
- AI/Machine Learning
- Mobile Technology Solutions
- Future Payment Solutions
- Financial Literacy Education
- Small Business Solutions
- Payday Lending Alternatives
- Are you up to the challenge? We think you are!!
Examples of ideas include:
- Kick-off Event: Sept. 21, 6-7:30 p.m. Register to attend the Kick-off event: Coming Soon.
- Application Registration Opens: Sept. 21 at 5 p.m.
- Each team must be officially registered into the contest by sending an email to UMLinnovations@dcu.org on or before the deadline (Oct. 21, 2022). This includes identifying the team name, team members, and a brief summary of the planned entry (maximum of one paragraph). This should provide a very high level description of the area being focused on by your team. It is understood that specifics will not have been worked out at this point.
- Executive Summary Due: Nov. 9, by 5 p.m.
- Teams must submit entry by Oct. 21, 2022. Teams can create their entry using any software they have access to, although all entries must be converted to a .PDF file format (under 10 MB) for submission. Please send this via email to: UMLinnovations@dcu.org.
- Finalist Teams Announced: Nov. 17, by 5 p.m.
- Finalist Team Meetings with DCU: November
- Final Competition: Dec. 1, 6-8:30 p.m., Saab Center, Perry Atrium, North Campus
- Project Title: StockToMe
- Description: StockToMe is a platform where users are free to post or buy stock “opinions”. StockToMe technology checks if opinions are correct or not in the given time frame and based on this, users can develop a track record. This track record helps the user gain confidence in trusting information on the platform.
- Team Members: Matthew Kinash, Jackson Sterrett and Matt Allen
- Total Funds Awarded: $1,800 in cash!
Thank you to the 2021 judges!
- Dave Carter, Director of Information Systems Infrastructure, DCU
- Sandesh Parulekar, Director of Information Systems Development, DCU
- Barbara Russell, Co-Founder/Managing Partner, Cap W Global Advisory/Investment Banking Group
- Mike Zuccaro ’83, Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis, Akebia Therapeutics