The mission of the MPH Dietetics option in public health nutrition is to promote public health nutrition by preparing graduates to practice entry level dietetics with knowledge, competence and the ability to address the needs of diverse communities.
We prepare graduates to:
- Practice as successful Registered Dietitians uniquely trained to address the health and nutrition needs of diverse populations.
- Act as critical members of the health care team.
- Design and deliver nutrition and wellness focused preventive services in community settings.
- Advocate for policy and programmatic initiatives. Lead research in disease prevention and health promotion.
- Coordinate and implement nutrition policies and programs.