Bicycle Advocacy Committee
UMass Lowell Bicycle Plan 2022 - 2027
The Bicycle Advocacy Committee has worked together to produce a Bicycle Plan for UMass Lowell that highlights past progress, current initiatives and future goals in the areas of (1) Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, (2) Engineering, (3) Education, (4) Encouragement, and (5) Evaluation and Planning.
Bicycle Advocacy Committee
The UMass Lowell Bicycle Advisory Committee was established in 2016 to address bring together relevant departments and stakeholders across UMass Lowell and the community.
Committee members include staff from Campus Recreation, Facilities Planning, Police, Sustainability, Transportation, Student Government, as well as the City Traffic Engineer, representatives from the local cyclist community and interested students, faculty and staff.
Committee members meet once per month to discuss, collaborate, and inform each other on bike programs and issues relevant to the University both on and off campus
Some University members also serve as liaison with the city and other state agencies on bike-related matters.
UMass Lowell students, faculty and staff interested in advocating for bicycling on campus are welcome and encouraged to join our meetings. If you have topics for discussion please send them to Kevin_Soleil@uml.edu.
2022-2023 Meeting Schedule
Meeting are held on Tuesdays in the Campus Recreation Center Meeting Room, CRC-111. Meetings are listed with standing agenda items. Agenda subject to change.
- September 20, 3-5 p.m. - Initial Committee Meeting and Campus Tour Ride
- October 18, 3-5 p.m. - Annual Bike Count Presentation, Open Forum for Bikes
- November 15, 3-5 p.m. - Guest Speaker Presentation, Bike Light Giveaway,
- December 6, 3-5 p.m. - Guest Speaker Presentation, Facilities Winter Bike Infrastructure, Bike Friendly University Survey Data Review
- January 24, 3-5 p.m. - Open Agenda
- February 21, 3-5 p.m. - Open Agenda
- March 21, 3-5 p.m. - Lowell Bike Connector Tour and Volunteer Day
- April 18, 3-5 p.m. - Annual Reflection/Brainstorm for next year's programs, Committee Campus Bike Tour
- May 23, 3-5 p.m. - Summer Goals, FY24 Agenda, Bike Rack Additions and Changes
- Chair - Kevin Soleil, Assistant Director Outdoor & Bicycle Program, UMass Lowell Campus Recreation
- Peter Murray, Director Campus Recreation, UMass Lowell Campus Recreation
- Peter Brigham, Associate Director Planning & FIS, UMass Lowell Facilities Management
- Bryce Hoffman, Associate Vice Chancellor of Marketing
- Ruairi O'Mahony, Executive Director, Rist Institute for Sustainability and Energy
- Jeffrey Connors, University Police Officer
- William Emmons, University Police Officer
- Karina Cruz, Assistant Director, Transportation & Parking
- Craig Thomas, Assistant Director, Sustainability
- Kartik Shah, Campus Planner
- Nathan Klosowski, Operations Manager, Transportation and Parking
If you have interest in receiving periodic updates, opportunities and promotions please join our email list.