UMass Lowell will resume on-campus instruction, research and campus life for Fall 2020. View the plan for more info.
UMass Lowell will join with universities in the America East Conference to postpone, but not cancel, all fall sport athletics. Club sports will also be impacted.
The Campus Recreation Center will be open to students, faculty and staff only (no guests or membership sales), with restrictions:
• Advance sign-ups for workout times
• Face coverings will be required, and a symptom questionnaire will be administered upon each visit
• Every guest will be issued a spray disinfectant and cloth for cleaning equipment
• Workout spaces will operate at 25% to 50% of normal capacity, actively monitored by staff
• Special hours will be established for members of vulnerable populations
• Enhanced sanitation, cleaning and spacing of equipment and touch surfaces
• Equipment that cannot be appropriately sanitized and distanced will be removed from service
• Gymnasium and courts may be repurposed
• Some group fitness, such as yoga, will be offered where social distance can be maintained
Intramural Sports: Limited to one-on-one sports where touching can be avoided (tennis, badminton, 5k road race, table tennis, 3-point contest, etc.) and e-sports such as Mario Cart, FIFA Soccer and Madden.
Club Sports: Club sports for the fall semester have been suspended.
Tennis courts: Singles tennis by appointment.
Rec Complex: Group play restricted to no more than 5 people.
Riverview Fitness Center: Will adopt distancing protocols similar to CRC.
Bike Shop: Access by appointment. Open stand time will not be permitted.
Free Wheelers Bike Share: Will operate with enhanced sanitation of surfaces.
Club and organization activities—including fraternities and sororities, academic clubs and honor societies, Residence Hall Association, Student Government Association, and affinity groups—will operate virtually in most cases and in-person as permissible under current guidelines.