UMass Lowell plans to return to full on-campus operations for the Fall 2021 semester. With vaccinations accelerating nationwide and multiple semesters of COVID-19 lessons learned and effectively implemented behind us, we are confident in our ability to create a safe, social and interpersonal living and learning experience for all our students on campus.
While campus operations may not look identical to 2019 when the semester begins, we expect campus life to largely return to normal.
- While some courses may have a hybrid component, the majority of classes will be offered in person at typical capacity. Online options will continued to be offered through Graduate, Online & Professional Studies.
- Residence Halls have single, double and cohort models available.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required for ALL students, faculty and staff. If you still need to get vaccinated, please visit Mass. Vaccine Finder to find a location. Students must upload their white card or the print out they received after getting their vaccine to the Student Health Portal. Faculty and staff must upload or request an exemption online.
- Face coverings are required for all faculty, staff, students, vendors and visitors regardless of vaccination status in nearly all indoor common spaces, including classrooms, instructional laboratories, meeting rooms, work areas, break rooms, hallways, elevators and restrooms. Face coverings are not required outdoors.
- Social distancing will not be required in any spaces on campus.
- Student events and activities, including Convocation, will be held in person.
- The Campus Recreation Center and Riverview Fitness Center will be open and will offer fitness classes, personal training, club sports and outdoor programs.
- Faculty and staff will be on campus to serve students.
We will continue to adhere to national and state public health guidance in place.
Students who wish to request academic accommodations due to a documented disability, including those that are at an increased risk of severe illness to COVID-19 due to their disability, should register with Disability Services.