Skip to Main Content

UMass Lowell will resume on-campus instruction, research and campus life for Fall 2020. View the plan for more info.

Veteran & Military Applicants

For information on applying for military benefits, including tuition assistance, please visit Veterans Services.

Submit Your Application

You can apply to UMass Lowell online by using the UMass Lowell application. If you prefer to mail in a hard copy application, you can print and mail this UMass Lowell application (pdf).

Completed Transfer Application Package

In addition to an application for transfer admission, your completed transfer application package will include:

  • Application fee or fee waiver. Veterans, active duty military, and their spouses and dependents qualify for an application fee waiver.
  • Official Academic Record(s)
    • Joint Services Transcript or Community College of the Air Force Transcript
      • If you have attended a U.S. college, you must submit:
        • Official college transcripts, from all colleges attended, sent from the Registrar’s office. (Photocopies are not acceptable.) Only courses with grades of “C-” or better are transferable.
        • A list of all courses not shown on transcripts. Use the space designed for this on the application, or submit a separate list.
      • If you have attended an international college, you are required to submit the following materials
        • A TOEFL test score if English is not your first language and/or the language of instruction at your prior institution was not English. Students who have completed the equivalent of UMass Lowell College Writing I and College Writing II with a C or better need not submit a TOEFL.
        • All transcripts from international institutions must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES), telephone: 212-219-7330.
          NOTE: UMass Lowell requires TWO transcripts, one official transcript, and one evaluated by World Education Services.
        • Course descriptions are required for all of your undergraduate coursework. All transcripts and course descriptions in languages other than English must be translated and notarized by a professional agency. There is no guarantee of transfer credit without translated course descriptions.
    • If you have not attended attended college after high school, you must submit:
      • An official high school transcript. If you did not graduate from high school, you must submit a copy of the G.E.D. and school transcripts of all high school course work attempted.
      • Your No Test Option responses or SAT/ACT scores.
  • Transfer College Report
    • The Transfer College Report is a student conduct records form that prior institution(s) will send to Undergraduate Admissions. This document must be completed by a college official who is responsible for maintaining student disciplinary records and will indicate whether or not there has been any disciplinary infractions at your college or university. Clicking on the Transfer College Report will bring you to an e-document that will allow you to send the form directly to this college official. We also have a PDF version of the Transfer College Report (pdf), which you can have submitted.
    • A Transfer College Report must be completed for all domestic two and four-year colleges or universities you have attended (list of two-year Transfer College Report contacts (doc) in New England) in the last ten years.
    • Exceptions for the Transfer College Report requirement include:
      • Second-degree seeking students, non-matriculated coursework students, and institutions a student attended more than ten years ago, veteran students who have not attended college after high school.
  • If you are applying as a music major, you must complete an in-person entrance audition with the music department.
  • If you are applying as an art and design applicant, you must submit a Portfolio.
  • If you are interested in a nursing program, please contact Transfer Admissions for more information.

Mail or deliver your application materials

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University Crossing, Suite 420
220 Pawtucket St.
Lowell, MA 01854-2874

Application Deadlines

  • Fall semester: Aug. 15* (Aug. 2 for International Transfer Applicants)
  • Spring semester: Jan. 7* (Dec. 12 for International Transfer Applicants)

* This deadline is a priority deadline. We will consider completed applications after this date.

Re-Admission to UMass Lowell

If you have previously been enrolled at UMass Lowell, you are considered a re-admit student. Download an application for re-admission from the Solution Center's Academic Forms webpage.