Welcome to UMass Lowell
You can be proud to join this vibrant community of students who are ready to make their mark on the world!
Please use the checklist below to track important steps in the enrollment process.
Checklist for Incoming Students:
- Send in your enrollment response form and $300 enrollment deposit to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Complete a housing contract along with a $200 housing deposit to the Office of Residence Life.
- Send completed health forms and immunization records to Student Health Services at least 30 days before classes start.
- File the FAFSA to qualify for financial aid. The priority deadline is March 1. Students applying after March 1 will receive aid as funds become available.
- Sign up for a required Freshman Orientation or Transfer Registration Day program.
- Schedule an appointment for Assessment Testing before your orientation session. Math and reading assessments are done before orientation. Writing assessments are done at orientation.
- Make sure we receive your final official transcripts (and proof of Associate’s Degree, if applicable).
- Review the meal plan options to see which one best suits your needs and schedule. Students living on campus will select a residential meal plan through the housing gateway after submitting their housing deposit. Commuter meal plans and River Hawk Dollars can be purchased online.
- Register with Student Disability Services if needed.
- Pay your tuition balance before the start of classes.