Web Communications oversees all web content including site specific content, university communications, Today@UMass Lowell
, content updates and initial contact with university colleges, departments and administrative units to create new or update/edit existing web sites, social media, blogs, photo galleries, University calendar, maintenance of top-level pages, project management for e-commerce, marketing language, approval of tasks within Tridion workflow.
Web Services manages the enterprise web applications including both web content management systems (SDL Tridion), Lyris List Manager, WebTrends Reporting, University Wiki, and University Blogs. Web Services oversees web functionality and custom web applications programming, forms building, page design, layout and graphics, interactive design, and user interface design for entire online University presence. Also responsible for design and layout and building of internal presentations and e-communications (eVites, eNewsletters).
- Request access to maintain a certain website (must have supervisor/department chair approval)
- Request an alias for a web address
- Request a fix for a bad link
- Have a site added to the university directory
- Request a new website
- Request training in SDL Tridion, the university's content management system
- Request a blog
- Add key words to UMass Lowell Search