Within the Office of University Relations, communications take two forms: print and digital.
Digital communications oversees web content, Hawki screens, Today@UMass Lowell announcements and social media.
- Publicity information included within the University Calendar
- Submit online at www.uml.edu/bookit, the university's space reservation system, because you can't have an event without reserving a space. Just log in, request your space and fill in the description box at the end of the form to get the word out. Check out BookIt policies and procedures.
- University communications (including evites)
- Official invitations about high-profile events are managed according to the university's Evite Policy.
- University Relations also has a policy on blast emails.
- Today@UMass Lowell
- Featured Stories, written by our staff of "beat writers," appear on www.uml.edu/News and also provide the basis for content for featured news on social media, Today@UMass Lowell, NewsLine and the university's award-winning Alumni Magazine.
- Social media, including the university's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels
- Hawki monitors, screens featuring news and events across campus
Print communications are overseen by Editorial Services and include:
- The university's Alumni Magazine, published three times a year in partnership with the Office of University Advancement, primarily for alumni, but also includes faculty, staff and an off-campus audience.
- NewsLine, a four-page print publication used to convey major news to a variety of audiences including community, business and government leaders and major donors.